The 50 SX is a true Ready to Race KTM for young MX riders. A genuine motorcycle that, like its bigger siblings, is produced with quality components that make it the first choice as a stepping stone into the MX world or for the first racing step to the podium. With a young rider in mind, this machine is easy to control and has an engine that is distinguished by a steady power delivery, incorporating an automatic clutch that is ideal for novice riders. For 2016 the 50 SX presents itself with newly designed bodywork that provides better ergonomics and makes the bike even easier to ride.
- NEW bodywork that provides better ergonomics
- NEW narrower seat with better grip
- NEW chain guide for better reliability
- NEW new graphics to match the full-size SX models
- The modern, extremely compact 2-stroke engine fitted with an automatic clutch sets the standard in its class with great, manageable power.
- Top quality upside down front forks by WP
- Suspension with 35mm tube diameter and 185mm of travel ensure outstanding directional stability.
- On the rear wheel a WP monoshock linked directly to the swingarm also provides 205mm of suspension travel.
- The 50 SX is fitted with front and rear hydraulic brakes by Formula combined with lightweight WAVE discs that are easy to control even for the youngest riders.
- Like the big KTM factory racers, the 50 SX has super lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims providing the highest strength and safety.
- Developed by KTM, the centrifugal multi-disc automatic clutch provides manageable acceleration and makes riding the motorcycle the easiest thing in the world.
- For absolute beginners the engine power can be reduced to a moderate 5.5hp using a kit from the Power Parts program.
50 SX Specifications
- Engine type Single cylinder, 2-Stroke
- Displacement 49 cc
- Bore/stroke 39.5/40 mm
- Starter/Battery Kickstarter
- Transmission Single Gear Automatic
- Fuel system Dell’Orto PHBG 19 BS Carburetor
- Lubrication Pre-mix 60:1
- Cooling Liquid cooling
- Clutch Centrifugal multi-disc (adjustable)
- Ignition/EMS Selettra 2p D36
- Frame Chrome-Molybdenum frame
- Subframe Steel
- Handlebar Aluminum Ø 22 mm
- Front suspension WP-USD, Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension WP-Monoshock
- Suspension travel – ft./rr. 185/205 mm
- Front/rear brakes Disc brake 160/160 mm
- Front/rear rims 1.50 x 12″; 1.60 x 10″
- Front/rear tires 2.50-12″; 2.75-10″
- Steering head angle 24°
- Wheel base 1032 ± 10 mm (40.63 ± 0.4 in)
- Triple clamp offset 22 mm
- Ground clearance 252 mm (9.92 in)
- Seat height 684 mm (26.93 in)
- Tank capacity, approx. 2.3 l (2.4 qt)
- Weight, approx. 41.5 kg (without fuel) (91.5 lb.)