For 2016 the KTM 85 SX returns to the fray with the most powerful engine in its class matched with a superlightweight and stable chassis. This junior class ripper is the perfect mount for those future champions fighting for victory, no matter the venue. New graphics and black wheels keep the 85 SX looking sharp and resemble the rest of the SX line. Its high performance cylinder with flow-optimized ports and a high-precision exhaust control valve provides the engine with unrivalled performance, and its top quality chromoly steel frame and aluminum subframe make for a stable yet nimble chassis. It all makes for a truly Ready to Race 85 cc weapon.
- NEW Black wheels for 2016
- NEW graphics to match the full-size SX models
- The 85 SX benefits from cutting-edge 2-stroke technology and a precise 6-speed transmission with a hydraulic clutch for superiority on the race track.
- The Formula braking system with radial calipers, four pistons in front, two in the rear, matched with lightweight Wave 240 mm front and a 210 rear brake disc set the standard in terms of controlled action and braking performance.
- What is good for the bigger KTM off-road bikes is also good for the 85 SX – an air filter change can be done within seconds without tools.
- Made of top quality chromoly steel with a lightweight, bolt-on aluminum rear subframe, the 85 SX frame ensures maximum stability at minimum weight
- WP 43mm upside-down forks provide 270mm of travel, while a PDS monoshock for the rear provides optimum traction and surface contact.
- Ergonomics and function of the bodywork is designed in such a way as to achieve complete harmony between rider and bike.
85 SX Specifications
- Engine type Single cylinder, 2-Stroke
- Displacement 64.9 cc
- Bore/stroke 45/40.8 mm
- Starter/Battery Kickstarter
- Transmission 6 gears
- Fuel system Mikuni TM 24-505
- Lubrication Pre-mix 60:1
- Cooling Liquid cooling
- Clutch Wet multi-disc, Formula hydraulics
- Ignition/EMS AET digital
- Frame Chrome-Molybdenum steel frame
- Subframe Aluminum
- Handlebar Aluminum Ø 22 mm
- Front suspension WP-USD, Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension WP-Monoshock
- Suspension travel – ft./rr. 215/270 mm
- Front/rear brakes Disc brake 198/160 mm
- Front/rear rims 1.60 x 14″; 1.60 x 12″
- Front/rear tires 60/100-14″; 80/100-12″
- Steering head angle 25.5°
- Wheel base 1137 ± 10 mm (44.76 ± 0.4 in)
- Triple clamp offset 22 mm
- Ground clearance 180 mm (11.02 in)
- Seat height 750 mm (29.53 in)
- Tank capacity, approx. 3.5 l (0.92 US gal)
- Weight, approx. 53 kg (without fuel) (116.8 lb.)
To purchase this model Click Here